If you missed the latest Nintendo Direct, click on the link and take a look. OR, read below for the highlights!
- Mewtwo will be available to play in Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS on April 15th, for those that purchased both versions and registered them with Club Nintendo. He’s available to everyone else on the 28th. $3.99 for each version, or $4.99 for both. In addition to this, there will be a software update on the same day which will add downloadable content, tweeked character balancing, and sharing functionality on the Wii U.
- On April 15th, there will be new Mii fighter costumes available for purchase in a pack for .75, or $1.15 on both versions. This will include Majora’s Mask, Mega Man, Protoman, Link, cat suit, monkey suit, Dunban, and Smash shirt costumes.
- Lucas, from Mother 3, will also be making a return appearance in SSB and releasing sometime in June. Both Mewtwo and Lucas will eventually receive Amiibo figures as well.
- Nintendo is also conducting a survey for player submissions for additional SSB fighters.
- Amiibo Tap is a free downloadable title on the Wii U, which allows the player to tap an Amiibo and sample a 3-minute demo of a randomly assigned Virtual Console game.
- Super Mario Bros. turns 30 this year, and Mario Maker will be out sometime in September!
- Yoshi’s Woolly World will be available sometime this fall. In addition, new yarn Yoshi Amiibo will also be releasing the same day. They’re actually made of yarn!
- Splatoon updates, including Inkling Amiibo. Both the game and Amiibo will release on May 29th.
- N64 and DS titles will be coming to the Wii U eShop. If you’ve already purchased the N64 title on the Wii, these games will be available to repurchase at a discounted price of $2. Super Mario 64 and Yoshi’s Island DS are already available, with more on the way! I already redownloaded SM64.
- A ton of new indie titles are making their way to the Wii U and 3DS. Some look really snazzy.
- Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem is apparently NOT dead and swept under the rug, like previously thought. It’s still happening… but that’s all we really know.
- New Fire Emblem was also announced.
- Fatal Frame is coming later this year.
- Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer is coming in the fall, which will work with Amiibo cards and the NFC reader… which also release with the game.
- Mario Kart 8 DLC is on the way, and earlier than expected! It was set for a May release, but will be available on April 23rd for $7.99. Nine new Amiibo characters will also unlock new Mii costumes.
- Oh, and it’s also adding 200cc class as a free update on the same day!
If you’re a Club Nintendo user, you also know that Platinum and Gold rewards are also available, so don’t forget to redeem your gift! My wish came true. DKCR: Tropical Freeze was part of the gifts, so I definitely redeemed that!
– I’ll report on Mewtwo when it becomes available in two weeks.
– And just like last year, I’ll report on the MK8 DLC when it’s available!